Tuesday 31 May 2011

Getting Started!



I got my very first OTG(24L) on 28th May'11 ! Gawd im so much excited! Finally i can bake my urge! The interest was always there so back in 2008 i got a microwave(convection cum grill) but was quiet unsuccesful in baking or grilling :( Then decided to get an OTG for real...but something or the other didnt have that perfect opportunity to get one.

Moving to Netherlands in 2009 was a great way to study the different ingredients used for baking, man the west compared to India not only have a rich collection of baking equipments but also the perfect ingredients. There i was an active member of a baking club for the amatuers. One of my friends was trained in baking from France, so got to learn some french delicacies starting from the pound cake :) but....alas our apartment didnt have an oven and i use to go to my friends place to experiment.

Came back in 2011 and whatever was the size of my kitchen i was not going to compromise for my OTG! And yes i have one now!

I'm searching for a baking partner to again start off.....do let me know if anyone is interested in joining me with the experimentation process.....

Till my next post Ciao and happy Blogging!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the baking and blogging world! Thanks for dropping by my blog. IBCA would be the nearest place for you to get the baking ingredients. Try Nilgiris too. And be in touch! Hope to see all your bakes soon!

    I use a convection microwave and it does a pretty good job of baking, so I guess you could use both..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info Suma, going through ur blog my interest in baking has doubled !!! I'm in seach of like minded people like you in B'lore :)

    Somehow for me convection didnt work out(i'm seriously wondering why now...) So i got this OTG and now its one of my prized possesions !

    I also will be posting the recipes soon on my blog, do check them and make your comments :)

    Happy Baking!

    ReplyDelete